San Choy Bow
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 200gm firm tofu
- 1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped bamboo shoots
- 1/2 stick of celery finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 17 witlof leaves or lettuce leaves
- vermicelli rice noodles, optional, to serve<
Dry fry green onion and ginger and cook over low heat until onion is soft. Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and celery and cook for two minutes.
Gently fold through chopped tofu. Stir in sauces and cook until sauce has reduced.
Spoon filling into witlof leaves and serve on a bed of vermicelli rice noodles.