Healthy Recipes: Thai Two Minute Steaks With Pineapple Salsa
- 600gms lean beef striploin
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, very finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, inner section, very finely chopped
- 1/4; fresh pineapple, skin removed, diced (substitute two firm ripe mangoes when in season)
- 2 small red chillies, seed removed, very finely chopped
- half a small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- half cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- finely grated rind and juice of two limes
Slice striploin into four steaks. Cut each into three to produce mini steaks. Flatten sightly with a meat mallet. Heat barbecue or non stick frypan on high heat.
Cook steaks quickly, one minute each side. Remove from pan. Keep warm. Stir fish sauce, coriander, chilli and lemongrass into pan. Simmer over low heat for one minute.
Arrange steaks on a plater, spoon over sauce and top with combined salsa ingredients. Serves 4-5.